Monday, August 24, 2009

Pets are great because?

I know many people do not see the virtue of pets theirs or other peoples. Well let me tell you as a pseudo pet owner they are indispensable. I live with 4 dogs that are not mine yet they have included me in their pack no questions asked. I sometimes begrudge them when I have to carry poo bags for well poo, and when they don’t listen to me...which can be frustrating depending on my mood. However, they do provide one very important thing...unconditional love.


Pets and in my case the dogs are always there for me. I have to admit that I am biased towards dogs most likely because I have never had or lived with a cat. My “pack” provides endless entertainment and they faithfully follow me everywhere. By everywhere I mean I usually am stuck at my computer desk because I have a large furry creature sleeping immediately behind my chair. I have never had a fan club before, it’s pretty nice and I am thoroughly enjoying it. Whenever I have a bad day there they are there looking cute, cuddly and ready to spend time with me no matter how grouchy I am. All I have to do is provide some pats, water and sometimes I feed and walk them.


When I see them enjoying a nap on my bed and using my pillow like it’s their own it makes me smile. Because well, they get to enjoy the simple things in life and they remind me that there is more to life than email, a job and daily stresses. I know there are people who do not love or even like pets such as dogs and cats but really I think you are missing out.


I know that dogs/pets come with a lot of responsibilities you have to feed them, take care of their health which can be expensive and they do like exercise and currently my truck has a layer of sand and dirt that just doesn’t seem to be going away anytime soon.


But there are also cute nose prints on my windows and they are so excited just to go anywhere with me, even if it’s just to get gas. Ok so they may chew and pee on things like shoes and picnic baskets, but no matter what, they are always there for you. I know many people who relied on their pets when getting over a death, breakup or divorce. They sense when you are happy or sad and provide love without ever saying a word.


Pets, especially dogs, just enjoy spending time with you and no matter how long you are gone for, 15 minutes to several days, they greet you the same upon your return. They are just so happy to see you. Pets never judge what you are doing in or with your life, bad fashion decisions or any decisions you make. They love you unconditionally. Who or what else does that? Quite frankly I can’t wait until I can have my own, dog that is. I think my pack will consist of two, me and my furry friend. For now I am enjoying spending time with my 4 furry companions, my pseudo pets.


Food For Thought

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole." ~ Roger Caras

1 comment:

  1. Can you hire a nanny to look after your pets?

    ReplyDelete